Oahu Series8'10, 9'5, 10'0
Oahu Series: Designed by Todd Caranto
The Pau Hana Oahu is true nose rider SUP series with a spooned out nose, wide tail, and full rails—designed for stability, maneuverability, and fun. The Oahus are excellent all-around boards that can be ridden in a variety of conditions (ocean, rivers, and lakes) and available in three different sizes. Due to the flat deck, extra width, and round nose, the Oahus preform well as nose riders in the ocean, standing waves in the river, and steady platforms for yoga. Also available in a Wavejet propulsion model.
- Oahu 10’0″ x 32″ x 4 1/4″, 187 liters
- Oahu 9’5″ x 32″ x 4 1/4″, 174 liters
- Oahu 8’10″ x 31″ x 4 1/4″, 159 liters
- Fins: 3 fins with a 5-box setup to customize for quad, thruster or single fin configurations
- Colors: white, teal, orange
- Deck & Nose: Bamboo
- Pad: EVA
- Handle: Built in slot handle
Design & Performance
Special Design & Performance Features:
- Full displacement hull and sharp bowed nose makes it fast
- At 29” wide, its increased width makes it extra stable and slight V
bottom allows it to glide easily over long distances and in a variety of
- The board shape outline features a wider tail to make it forgiving for
recreational athletes in training
- Squared up rails to provide stability in choppy conditions
- The body is a modified raceboard design and the result of more than 30 iterations in the development cycle.
- Built using a new construction technique created by Pau Hana called Halotex construction, which is a mix of carbon fiber, bamboo and fiberglass fused together under heat and pressure to form an extremely rigid and lightweight span along the length of the board and under the standing area.
- The Halotex panel running down the center replaces wood stringer beams and forms a backbone that is lighter and stiffer than traditional board constructions.